The class meets every Thursdays 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM for 20 classes.
First class will be held at Viriditas shop:
2775 Dundas Street West, Suit 101
The other nights we will meet at the High Park Gardens
June 6, 13, 27
July 4, 11, 18, 25
August 1, 8
September 5, 12, 19, 26
October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
November 7, 14
Please note there are no classes schedule for August 15, 22, 29.
Any missed classes may be made up the following year.
To guide participants through one entire growing season, in order to learn about and experience the planting, tending, and harvesting of approximately 25 medicinal plants which grow readily in Ontario. Students will participate in a group garden provided by the teacher and they may grow some plants at home in their own gardens.
- To discuss the medicinal uses of these plants & about 25 more local wild herbs. To learn by doing, how to prepare and use the various remedies they provide; to address concerns about the appropriateness of herbal medicine for our time and the importance of ecological sustainability.
- To learn how to use the herbs safely and appropriately for the improvement of personal health and the health of the ecosystem.
- Participants must enroll for all 20 weeks
- The garden will be available for tending and harvesting on days not scheduled for class.
- Elective group gardening time and herb walks will be scheduled in, according to student/teacher availability over the summer. Herb walks around Ontario will take place spring, summer, and fall.
- Enrollment will be limited to about 30 Students.
- The cost for the entire course will cover lectures, class notes (efiles), herb walks, gardening time, herb products and food products.
Certification & Credits
Students will keep an assortment of tinctures, salves, syrups, creams and fermented foods that they have manufactured during class time. Continuing Education Credits may be applicable for professionals.
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of classes upon request.
Our REGISTER NOW is not functioning so please send e transfers to Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment of $800 may be done in full or in quarters ($200/month for 4 months) starting with the first payment on the first class. Please use password PHC as security question. Our phone number if you need more information is 416-767-3428
View the pdf to print and share: Practical Herbalism Flyer 2019